Privacy and Data Collection Policy
We take our data privacy responsibilities very seriously at Ada & Ina Ltd., and we want you to feel comfortable and confident about how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
This privacy and data collection policy sets out how Ada & Ina Ltd. uses and protects any information that you give Ada & Ina when you use this website. Ada & Ina Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Ada & Ina Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide to us when placing an order or when registering with us (including but not limited to: name, company name, address, phone number and email address)
- For trade customers we additionally collect VAT Number, company website address, how long the company has traded, nature of business, other suppliers used)
- Via Google Analytics: information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
The legal basis for processing the data is to allow us to carry out our business and for the benefit our clients.
- We use this information to fulfil your order(s) for fabric sample orders, fabric and ready-made item orders and bespoke orders for curtains and blinds and related products and services that we offer.
- We will send you email notifications of status updates as we process your order
- We may send invoices and payment receipts to you, and to collect payments from you.
- We may deal with enquiries and complaints made by you.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- For those customers only, that have given us consent to send newsletters, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
While processing customer orders we use customer address, email and phone number data for contacting our customers on order related questions and we use this data to book shipments with shipping companies that we use, including, but not limited to DPD and TNT.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to purchase items or services from our suppliers, that we need in order to fulfil your order
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- We may send invoices and payment receipts to you, and to collect payments from you.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
We will NOT provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We will keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary or for a period of up to 10 years, or until you specifically request its removal.
Exception: Customer accounts created by you are not automatically removed until you specifically request its removal.
Customers have the following rights in respect of their personal data:
- Access to personal data and request a copy of such information.
- Request correction and updating of personal data.
- Demand the deletion of personal data, subject to law.
- Withdraw a consent to process personal data, subject to law.
Ada & Ina Ltd. reserves the right to reject any requests in respect of processing personal data which are of a harassing or repetitive nature, which would prevent us from processing your order(s), which are needed to to comply with a legal obligation, which require disproportionate technical measures, which impact the protection of other customers’ or suppliers’ personal data, or where it would be disproportionately resource-demanding or highly complicated to accommodate the request.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We secure access to all pages on our website using SSL encryption (https technology). Access to your personal data is password protected, and all data (including payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website or via the telephone will not be stored by us. We may share your personal data with our payment processors but only for the purposes of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
For our registered customers, you may choose to update your personal information by logging in to your account and updating any outdated information online.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. Fur further requests, a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Ada & Ina Ltd. Unit 8 Cotton Road Wincheap Industrial Estate, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3RB, UK or email: [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about our products, if you have chosen to order our newsletter.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|The association with your shopping cart.
|Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
|To enable our online message system Zopim.
|The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
|Your preferred currency
|An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
|An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
|An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
|Stores the Customer Segment ID
|A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
|You sesssion ID on the server.
|Allows guests to edit their orders.
|The last category you visited.
|The most recent product you have viewed.
|Indicates whether a new message has been received.
|Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
|A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
|The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
|Information on what polls you have voted on.
|The items that you have recently compared.
|Information on products you have emailed to friends.
|The store view or language you have selected.
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz
|These cookies enable the function of Google Analytics. Software. This software helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant. The data stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Ada & Ina and Google and never shows any confidential information.
|The products that you have recently viewed.
|An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
|The number of items in your Wishlist.